For an easy-fix use Geo-fix®
Ensure the paving is dry and free of loose dirt, debris, oil grease, etc and that joint widths are a minimum of 5mm wide and a minimum depth of 25mm. Deeper joints can be part filled with dry sand or other dry granular materials.
Geo-fix® is ready mixed so does not require further mixing!
1. Ensure that the paving to be jointed is dry and free from loose dirt, debris, oil, grease, etc. It is essential that joint widths are a minimum of 5mm wide with a minimum depth of 25mm. Deeper joints can be part filled and compacted with dry sand or other dry materials, to the required minimum depth.
2. Carefully open the vacuum packed bag and sprinkle the Geo-fix® on the paving area to be jointed. Work in small area of approximately 2-3 square metres at a time. Once opened the entire bag must be used within 45 minutes (*temperature dependent)
3. Simply brush the Geo-fix® Jointing Compound into the joints using a soft brush, moving the excess onto the next area to be filled.
4. Firmly compact into the joints with a pointing tool, trowel or mechanical vibrating plate compactor. Ensure the compound is finished slightly below the surface.
5. After application brush off the excess with a soft brush, taking care not to brush any out of the joints. This will now harden over a two to three hour period temperature dependent**.
6. Once cured any remaining residue can be easily removed from the paving with a stiff brush.
1. Build your wall according to manufacturers instructions.
2. Cover the area under the wall with a polythene sheet so any material falling can be re-used.
3. Carefully open the vacuum packed bag and empty the Geo-fix ®into the bucket and aireate for three to four minutes.
4. Wearing suitable gloves take a handful of Geo-fix ®and rub into the joints ensuring the material is pressed in firmly. Work an area of approximately four – five square metres at a time. Any material falling onto the polythene sheet below can be reused.
5. When four to five metres of jointing has been completed sweep off the excess with a soft brush (working at a 45 degree angle to the joints to ensure that no material is swept out of the joint).
*At 20°C and 50% relative air humidity. Working time reduced to 30 minutes.
**2 – 6 hours at 20°C, 6 – 12 hours at 5°C.