1. Ensure that the paving to be jointed is dry and free from loose dirt, debris, oil, grease, etc. It is essential that joint widths are a minimum of 5mm wide with a minimum depth of 25mm. Deeper joints can be part filled and compacted with dry sand or other dry materials, to the required minimum depth.
2. Carefully open the vacuum packed bag and sprinkle the Geo-fix® on the paving area to be jointed. Work in small area of approximately 2-3 square metres at a time. Once opened the entire bag must be used within 45 minutes (*temperature dependent)
3. Simply brush the Geo-fix® Jointing Compound into the joints using a soft brush, moving the excess onto the next area to be filled.
4. Firmly compact into the joints with a pointing tool, trowel or mechanical vibrating plate compactor. Ensure the compound is finished slightly below the surface.
5. After application brush off the excess with a soft brush, taking care not to brush any out of the joints. This will now harden over a two to three hour period temperature dependent**.
6. Once cured any remaining residue can be easily removed from the paving with a stiff brush.
*At 20°C and 50% relative air humidity. Working time reduced to 30 minutes.
**2 – 6 hours at 20°C, 6 – 12 hours at 5°C.