PAVING – ALL WEATHER
1. Ensure that the paving to be jointed is free from loose dirt, debris, oil, grease, etc.
It is essential that joint widths are a minimum of 5mm wide with a minimum depth of 25mm.
Deeper joints can be part filled and compacted with dry sand or other dry materials, to the required minimum depth.
2. Wet entire area to be jointed. Use a hosepipe with a hose nozzle or a watering can fitted with a rose.
Ensure the area where you are working remains wet throughout application but free from standing pools of water.
3. Sweep off any excess pools of standing water, then carefully open the vacuum –packed bag and sprinkle GEO-fix® All Weather Jointing Compound over the area to be jointed.
Once opened the entire bag must be used within 45 minutes (*temperature dependent)
4. Using a soft brush, push the GEO-fix® All Weather Jointing Compound into the joints at a 45° angle, moving the excess onto the next area to be filled.
5. Firmly compact the GEO-fix® All Weather Jointing Compound into the joints with a pointing tool, refill, and repeat ensuring a fully compacted and topped up joint.
6. Finish the surface decoratively giving a smooth, flat finish with a pointing tool then move onto the next area. Firm compaction is the key to the successful laying of GEO-fix® All Weather Jointing Compound.
7. After application brush off excess with a soft brush, taking care not to brush out any GEO-fix® All Weather Jointing Compound from the joints.
8. Once cured any remaining residue can be easily removed from the paving with a stiff brush.
*At 20°C and 50% relative air humidity. Working time reduced to 30 minutes.